Vacancy Notice: Campaign, Information, and Advocacy Officer (CIAO)
Functional Title: Campaign, Information, and Advocacy Officer (CIAO)
Entry on Duty: 01 March 2022
Duration: Initially for one year with possibility of extension
Closing Date: 21 February 2022
Since 2010 SUAKA has become an organization that focuses on promoting and protecting the rights of refugees in Indonesia. We carry out legal aid activities, legal empowerment, campaigns, and policy advocacy to contribute to the handling of refugees.
2018 is a new starting point for SUAKA, becoming an independent legal entity. SUAKA is actively and independently runs programs that benefit our primary beneficiaries, refugees. Our commitment in carrying out activities is the active involvement of the refugee community, as well as a constructive partnership with other stakeholders, such as civil society, non-governmental organizations, and government institutions both at the national and the local level.
In order to strengthen resources for program implementation, we are opening the following vacancies: Campaign, Information, and Advocacy Officer (CIAO)
CIAO will report directly to the Chairperson and carry out the functions of collecting accurate data and information for the benefit of SUAKA advocacy efforts, including managing information databases and strengthening the organization’s internal understanding, as well as ensuring the sustainability of SUAKA’s digital presence through the management of social media and websites. CIAO will also manage the organization’s external relations with the refugee community, the public, the media, national or regional organizational/advocacy networks, and governments.
- Bachelor’s in, Law, Social Sciences, Humanities, Journalism, or related fields with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in refugee advocacy or Master’s in the same field of studies with a minimum of 2 years of experience in refugee advocacy.
- Candidates with knowledge of human rights issues in Indonesia and campaign skills are preferred.
- Good management, leadership skills, and strategic thinking.
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Have knowledge and experience in producing conventional communication materials (reports, articles, press releases, etc.) and new media (podcasts, video, etc.)
- Good understanding of graphic design, social media activism.
- Have knowledge of IT systems and adequate experience in handling and managing social media content.
- Having international experience is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing communications strategies & work plans, campaigns, events, and other initiatives in support of the SUAKA advocacy efforts.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of matters pertaining to the national and issues under the area of refugee protection and also up-to-date familiarity with the wider issue of forced migration.
- Represents SUAKA and maintaining good relation and partnership with external parties; refugee community, public, media, local/regional advocacy networks, and government.
- Producing various forms of information and knowledge dissemination based on the SUAKA’s work and refugee issue on a regular basis, including but not limited to infographics, podcasts/ video streaming, and reports.
- Maintaining both internal and external organization’s communication strategy through various channels such as social media, website, and media networks.
- Preparation of communications budgets.
- Duty station is in Jakarta and mostly remote (working from home) with a limited number of visits to the office for coordination meetings and discussion.
- Limited frequency of outreach to community or network.
- Candidates are expected to have their own computer/laptops, basic productivity software (GSuites) and official email are provided.
- Wi-Fi is provided at the office.
- Closing Date of Application: 21st February 2022.
- Vacancy only opens for Indonesian citizen.
- Send Motivation Letter, and your Latest CV/Resume-max 2 pages to: email@example.com.
- Please put Position Code as subject of your e-mail: CIAO_(first name)(last name).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.